Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pinch Me

We spent our first night at the lodge Friday. I could hardly sleep. I kept thinking, is this really happening, or am I dreaming?! After all this time, is it really possible that we are truly here, sleeping under the logs we peeled, placed, washed, sanded, stained, dusted, and chinked?! It seems like a far off dream that we built this whole house with our hands. So pinch me, I want to make sure this is real!!

I stepped out the front door this morning into the 17 degree briskness for my morning walk and talk with God. I am so thankful for all He has done for us, lavishly provided for us, faithfully kept us together through all the hard work, laughter, tears, disappointments, frustrations, and head scratching that comes along with building your own house. As I returned, I was overwhelmed with God's goodness, amazed that we did it and are now living here: the off grid, homeschooling, quiverfull, fulltime ministry life in our very own log home. I am not dreaming anymore, the dream has come true!








Nearly all the furnishings we own have been graciously given to us via many different people, but amazingly, seem to go together. Although we haven't hung anything on the walls or done much decorating yet, we are pelased with how it is looking. It is a great joy to see my floor plans come to life and how they are working for our family. There is still much finishing to be done, especially upstairs, but we rae feeling cozy warm and loving the space!

1 comment:

  1. You can pick me up off the floor! Your lodge is absolutely beautiful! It looks like an amazing, incredibly talented, inspired woman designed your layout and she did. I can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and input are very much appreciate
- Blessings!
Julianne

Living Counter Cultural: Femininity

Popular culture has a decidedly feminist bent.  Recent movies, tv shows and prominent women  are displaying heroins as   to...