Thursday, July 29, 2010

Just Another Beautiful Day

Thump, thump, thump.  The wee one growing within awoke me to the near daylight of a harvest moon. 
My complaining stomach kept me awake. 
Apparently, the two had mutually agreed that I needed to eat something.
At 2:30 in the morning.
 I waddled my way down the stairs, easily finding the snacks I had stored away for just such an occasion.
The bright moonlight was astoundingly beautiful,
casting shadows across the landscape just outside the window. 
I marveled as I crept around the house, window to window gazing at the night.
Back upstairs, romanced by the moon, I tiptoed near the bedside for a glimpse of  Gabe hogging my pillow.  But he, too, was awake, and could see me plainly in the moonlight. 
He grinned and giggled somewhat sleepily.
  I laughed as this sweet little body wriggled up close to nestle with me like two spoons. 
I lay awake for what seemed like a long long time, just thanking the Lord for Gabe,
for my husband sleeping through all the ruckus,
for John who was at work, and on down the list.

  This life, so beautiful, so abundant, serene, full of such blessing.... I am ever so grateful. 
On these thoughts I drifted back to sleep, tummy and wee one contented for the time. 

In the morning, the revere continued, an overwhelmed feeling of such grace.



"I will bless the Lord at all times, his praise shall continually be in my mouth. 
My soul shall make her boast in the Lord:  the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.
  O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together. 
I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. 
O taste and see that the Lord is good: 
blessed is the man that trusts in him. 
O fear the Lord, ye saints:  for there is no want to them that fear him.  
The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: 
but they that seek the Lord shall not want for any good thing." 
Psalm 34:1-4, 8-10
 

 "O love the Lord, ye his saints, for the Lord preserves the faithful, and plentifully rewards the proud doer. 
Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord."  
Psalm 31:23,24




"Because thy loving kindness is better than life my lips shall praise thee."
Psalm 63:3

 

"Teach me thy way O Lord; I will walk in thy truth;  unite my heart to fear thy name. 
I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart:  and I will glorify thy name for evermore. 
For great is thy mercy toward me." 
Psalm 86: 11,12

 My heart is so full of gratitude when I think of where I would be without the Lord, his work in my life.
It is he that has saved me and made this beautiful life possible,
so I give thanks for my wonderful, delightful family, my precious children, a superb husband,
and an amazing home, all because of his goodness and mercy in my life.  
There is nothing here that I deserve, it is just his kindness,
and it humbles me.

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful post, praising the simple beauties and blessings He so abundantly bestows.
    The pictures warmed my heart too:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and input are very much appreciate
- Blessings!
Julianne

Living Counter Cultural: Femininity

Popular culture has a decidedly feminist bent.  Recent movies, tv shows and prominent women  are displaying heroins as   to...