Monday, August 9, 2010

Spiritual Vitamins

“Life consists of what a person thinks about all day.”  -Emerson
“For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.”  Prov. 23:7

The world tells us such awful lies, and we willingly believe them,
putting us in bondage that can be difficult to break free from. 
Our Heavenly father loves us so much,
He has provided countless messages of truth to counterbalance the lies of the world.  


When I was in college, the Dean of Women had an old empty pill bottle 
with which she put tiny slips of paper in.
She carried these with her in her purse.
The slips of paper had short verses that reminded her of how God feels about her,
these were her spiritual vitamins.
Whenever she was feeling low, 
she could pull out a "vitamin" and be reminded of the Truth that empowers,
strengthens, encourages, and fortifies. 
This I have done in the past for myself, my children, and my previous Sunday school class.
For my children and class, I made a sheet that they could pin up on their wall or ceiling to see daily.
It is about time I got that list out again. 
Here is a list compiled by Neil Anderson  of  God’s wonderful Words of Life:
I am a child of God.  John 1:12
I am Christ’s Friend. John 15:15
I have been justified.  Romans 5:1
I have been bought with a price, and belong to God.  1 Cor. 6:19-20
I am a saint.  Eph. 1:1
I have been chosen and adopted as God’s child.  Eph. 1:5
I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit.  Eph 2:8
I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins.  Colossians 1:14
I am Complete in Christ.  Col. 2:10
I am free forever from condemnation.  Romans 8:1-2
I am assured that all things work together for good.  Rom.8:28
I cannot be separated from the love of God.  Rom 8:35-39
I have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind.  2 Tim 1:7
I am God’s workmanship.  Eph. 2:10
I may approach God with freedom and confidence.  Eph 3:12
I am confident that the good work begun in me will be perfected.  Phil.  1:6
I can find grace and mercy in time of need.  Heb. 4:16
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  Phil. 4:13

These are truths that can transform our mind, and therefore our belief system,
if we learn them, think on them, memorize them, and remind ourselves of them.
I was talking to another pastor’s wife who had been through some intense counseling earlier in her life. 
It was looking herself in the mirror and telling herself truths such as these two times a day that brought her
out of a deep mire and to a victorious life.

 Be not conformed to the world, who tells us we are ugly, useless, stupid, worthless,
and will never amount to anything,
but be transformed by renewing your mind 
to the way God thinks about you. 


“You shall know the Truth and the Truth shall set you free.” John 8:32

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and input are very much appreciate
- Blessings!
Julianne

Living Counter Cultural: Femininity

Popular culture has a decidedly feminist bent.  Recent movies, tv shows and prominent women  are displaying heroins as   to...