Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Wise Words

"She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue."  Prov. 31:26

Oh to be that woman, or to have that for an epitaph. 
During school last week, I kept having the same problem with one of the children,
and was at a loss as to how to communicate in a way that would get though better than,
"listen to me." (for the thirtieth time.)
I was beginning to have visions of violence at that point, and prayed for help.
  Candles burning, a timely lesson from Proverbs that day, fun with our insect study,
a table full of beautiful children diligently working, except one, 
so many things to be thankful for, and me struggling with a gentle and quiet spirit,
again.
  I just wish I had good, sweet answers for times like these.
  And then it donned on me that I do. 
A friend gave me one of the greatest resources a mom could ever have, 
the Wise Words for Moms chart, by Ginger Plowman. 


It was actually sitting in front of me in my "Mama's school binder". 
Feeling completely foolish,
I quickly got it out and prayed again that I would find something of value
that the uncooperative child next to me would heed.
  Ever been there?  

This chart was designed for the purpose of aiding a mama in using the Scriptures to drive out the foolishness that is "bound up in the heart of a child."
   Parents need to reprove the sinful behavior of their children 
and encourage them in righteous behavior.
 This wonderful tool will help keep it simple, unsermonized,
and undoubtedly help your attitude as well. 
It did mine.
  It helped me correct gently instead of blabbering out the tyraid I felt was due.


As I swept though the chart, I found the behavior issue of not receiving instruction, 
followed the chart to the heart probing questions: 
Is your attitude showing respect for me and honoring Jesus? 
Is it wise or foolish of you to reject my instruction? 
Then we went on to the reproof: 
God says that it is foolish for you to reject the wisdom of my words. Proverbs 23:9 
And then the encouragement: 
His word also says that if you listen to advice and accept instruction you will be wise.  Proverbs 19:20 


I wrote this verse on the dry erase board next to the table, where it remained over the weekend. 
  I am now very blessed to have this chart out and using it on a daily basis,
helping me to restore my children to good behavior with gentleness,
a loving heart and a kind voice.
  Blessings to Ginger.

"The heart of the righteous studies how to answer."  Proverbs 15:28

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post Julianne.
    I was wondering if you or your husband could do a post on dad's and home schooling? What are his perceived benefits of home schooling his children and how is he involved either in the teaching/planning/support

    Blessings,
    Carin in Bolivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great idea Carin, I'm on it! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and input are very much appreciate
- Blessings!
Julianne

Living Counter Cultural: Femininity

Popular culture has a decidedly feminist bent.  Recent movies, tv shows and prominent women  are displaying heroins as   to...