I am most desperately in love with my husband.
He is the love of my life, my best friend,
my knight in shining armor.
He is a remarkable man.
I like to do nice things for him to show him, tell him,
how I adore him.
Yesterday marked 30 days until Valentines Day.
This year I am giving my dear, sweet husband
30 days of love notes.
My messages of adoration may appear anywhere,
and each note tells him one thing I cherish about him.
The final note will come on Valentines Day.
We wives need to seek ways to prize, cherish,
and enjoy our husband.
As we do so, our heart will be filled
with love and affection for him.
It is also our honor to pray daily for our husband,
lifting him up before the throne of the Most Holy.
Somewhere, a long time ago,
I obtained a list of 31 days of prayer for my husband.
I go through it every now and then.
It seems like the perfect time to do so again.
I want to share this with you, inviting you to join me
in 31 days of prayer for the man in your life,
if not a husband, maybe your brother,
son, son-in-law, or the husband of a friend,
perhaps your future husband.
1. That he will become a holy man, a man of prayer, mature in the Lord, growing in his knowledge of the Lord. 1 Thess. 5:23, Col. 4:12, Eph. 1:18-19,3:16-19, 6:18
2. That he will grow into a man of integrity, who works righteousness, speaks truth, does not slander, does no evil, honors those who fear the Lord, is unchanging in these things.
3.That he might be a man of contentment as seen in Prov. 15:16, Phil 4:11, 1 Tim. 6:6-8, and Heb 13:5
4. That he will learn to take every thought captive, to not be conformed to the world's thinking, and to think scripturally. Rom 12:3, 2 Cor. 10:5
5. That he might daily seek God with all his heart, walking in the Spirit moment by moment, growing in his dependence on Him. Psalm 119:1-2
6. That he would be ever captivated by my love. Prov. 5:28-29
7. That he would be a man of courage. Deut. 31:6, 2 Chron. 19:11
8. That the Lord would give him wisdom to lead his family physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.
9. May he always look at the plank in his own eye before seeing others' sawdust. Matt. 7:3
10. That he becomes a called man, not driven, with well thought through and prayed through goals in life. 1 Cor. 9:24-27
11. That he becomes a man of prayer, guarding his heart and ind, putting into practice what he has heard, seen and learned. Phil. 4:4-9
12. That he will stand firm against the schemes of the devil and resist Satan in all circumstances. Eph. 6:10-18, James 4:7
13. That he would grow in spiritual maturity by putting away childish things, cultivating, understanding, striving after the Christ ideal, partaking of the deeper truths of the gospel and overcoming temptation. 1 Cor. 13:11, 14:20, Eph 4:13, Heb. 5:14, 1 Jn 2:14
14. That he will make me holy, cleansing me by the washing with water throught he Word. Eph. 5:26
15. That he would learn to not depend on his circumstances for happiness but on God alone. 1 Tim. 6:6
16. That he would be a man who enters into spiritual warfare. Eph. 6:11-12, 1 Thes. 5:8
17. That he will have new strength in the midst of his busy schedule, and that the Lord might infuse him with His strength. Is. 40:31, Eph. 3:14-19
18. That he would have a burden to see lost people come to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Matt. 28:12-20
19. That he would be kept from strange women and evil men, and that his friends would be en and women who walk with God. Prov. 13:20
20. That his self image would be a reflection of the Lord's thoughts toward him. Eph. 1:17-19, Rom. 12:3, Psalm 139
21. That he would be a man responsible for family spiritual growth. Prov. 4:1-14
22. That he might not be deceived into unbelief, sin, or bitterness. Matt. 13:8-10
23. That he learn to love as God has commanded. 1 Cor. 13:4-7, Rom. 12:8-10, Eph. 5:25
24. That the fruit of the Spirit might be exhibited more and more in his life. Gal. 5:22-23, John 15:8
25. That he would grow in humility and in being a shepherd. 1 Peter 5:2-6
26. That he grows daily in his character. 2 Peter 1:5-8
27. That he keep a clear conscience. 1 Peter 3:16-18
28. That the Lord would protect him, guarding his course. Prov. 2:8
29. The he would manage his time well. Eph. 5:15
30. That the Lord would put a song in his heart. Psalm 33:3, 40:3, Job 35:10
31. That he may have a holy fear of God. Psalm 111:10, Prov. 9:10
"Let me say that no wife can overestimate the influence she wields over her husband, or the measure in which his character, his career and his very destiny are laid in her hands for shaping. The sway which she holds over him is the sway of love, but it is mighty and resistless. ..If she has in her soul noble womanly qualities,..she will be to him an unfailing inspiration toward all that is noble, manly and Christlike." J.R. Miller, Homemaking pg 78-79.