Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December Ramblings


Hello to all out there, and thank you for the many kind messages and wishes. 
 We did have the most spectacular, 
devastatingly romantic
 wedding for our daughter Anna and our new 
son in love Scott 
a few weeks ago,
 and ever since, I have been quite silent here,
 but, it may not be what you would think.

I am not suffering from "post traumatic wedding disorder", 
(smile)
although I might have over done it a little,
 causing my cold to turn bronchial, and I am just not quite over it.  
Also, Rose's camera, where all the lovely pictures you see here come from,
 has a new owner and Rose is still in the market for a new one. 
 It is so hard to journal here without her beautiful pictures.

We are so happy for Scott and Anna,
 and you will read all about it just as soon as the pictures arrive from the photographer.

Life is continuing on in a new way in our post wedding life. 
 I am not at all sure Olivia has gotten over it,
 she seems to have a bit of separation anxiety, and is still quite clingy. 
 The sweet tot just turned two a few days ago.
But, there have been ever so many wonderful things here I have so wished to share,
 alas, no camera to capture the moments....

Littles side by side on the sofa reading and looking at I SPY books, which are Olivia's new favorite.

Children cuddled up in front of the fire with mugs of cocoa or tea.

Days full of Rose baking the most yummiest of goodies

Mornings playing in the snow 

Puttering around the lodge decorating for Advent

and lots and lots of creative fun for the children
while mama is too ill to carry on much in the way of school or housework.

Soon..soon, all will be back to usual. 
 Soon the wedding pictures will be here,
 and soon, Rose will have her new camera and be taking thousands of pictures getting accustomed to it.

Until then...
May you find your soul's delight in the One who formed you and loves you best.

Blessings,
Julianne

3 comments:

  1. So good to hear from you again. I have missed you. I hope that you get well soon. I so enjoy seeing your posts and being encouraged by them. It keeps me on an even keel between getting overwhelmed and staying focused on family. Thank you.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wondering how you were doing. Glad to see you back on here! {{hugs}} Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I really miss reading your blog when you are not there. I'm so happy for your family. I can't wait to see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and input are very much appreciate
- Blessings!
Julianne

Living Counter Cultural: Femininity

Popular culture has a decidedly feminist bent.  Recent movies, tv shows and prominent women  are displaying heroins as   to...