Friday, March 19, 2010

O Faithful God

We sing a song at church titled, "O Faithful God," a Sovereign Grace tune.  It is on my Favorites list, and I would love to add it here, but I am not sure I know how to do that.  I'll have to ask my daughter for help if she has time. :-)  But, in light of the Dole family situation (Thousand Hills Farm blog), I was thinking of how we can totally trust God, even when we don't understand because He has our best interests in mind, and He is GOOD.  He has good things planned for his children.  He is faithful and will not forget us.  Sometimes things may look pretty bad, but God has a plan, as Tracy shared on the KXLY interview.  We don't know his plans, so we trust in his character and his word.  If we don't know his character and his word, then how can we trust?  It is so important for us as Christians to KNOW God and His Word, and to teach it to our children, so that when these crisis times some along, and they will, not only we, but even our little ones will be able to rest in God's perfect plan. 2 Thessaonians 3:3 says,"But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you and keep you from evil." Psalm 89:1 "I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever:  with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all  generations."
Human reasoning tells us that bad things are terrible, horrible, and to be avoided at all costs, like having a baby who has severe medical problems.  God tells us that these difficult circumstances are blessings.  The world says, your house burning down besides is truly awful.  But a biblical understanding says, hmm, God is up to something, something so big that I cannot grasp it yet, but He is good, and I trust his plan.  Perhaps in heavens eyes, such a family is doubly blessed.  I am not saying these are not hard times, but it is through just such times that one can feel  the comforting hand of God.  If everyday was easy and smooth sailing, how many of us would understand our need for a Savior or the intamate involvement our loving heavenly Father has for us?  Trials are character building opportunities, my husband always says.  He is a man of great faith.
So in the end, we should not pray that those we love would not have trials, but that they would see clearly the handprint of God moving in thier life through the trials, and become more in love with Jesus because of it.  When the difficult times come, we can perk up and surmise:  God is up to something here, and be confident that it will be bigger and better than what we can possibly imagine.
"It is good for me to draw near to God:  I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works."  Psalm 73:28
Often times, because of the trial, we long for heaven and for complete communion with God, and our soul reaches out, saying: "As the deer pants for the water so my soul longs after you, O God."
It is in the trials that we come to the end of our own strength and discover that God's strength is eternal.  His love is empowering, His Fatherly affection is our comfort.
Blessed be Your name, O Lord, when times are good and when times are bad.  And Thankyou for your great love through both.
"The Lord is my strength and my shield, my heart trusted in him, and I am helped:  Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song will I praise him."  Psalm 28:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and input are very much appreciate
- Blessings!
Julianne

Living Counter Cultural: Femininity

Popular culture has a decidedly feminist bent.  Recent movies, tv shows and prominent women  are displaying heroins as   to...