Thursday, September 15, 2011

Feminine Modesty

In these days of public undressing, 
it takes a woman of fortitude to go against the grain of the culture 
and dress in a way that is both feminine and modest.
Sometimes, it is nice to know you are not the only ones.  
Or, just nice to see some other ladies ideas in compiling outfits that are lovely.



I thought I would share what we are wearing during these autumn days, 
since feminine modesty is a hot topic. 
 Most all our clothes have been found at thrift stores. 
 Each of us women in our household have our own unique style.  

Anna is a die hard romantic
 I think her goal in dressing each day is to have some bit of lace embellishing a modest outfit. 
She prefers ballet slipper type shoes, and avoids heels, 
because, she says, "being tall is just weird."


I am more traditional, with a bit of that romantic touch.  
My usual "uniform" is a long denim skirt,  black sketchers, and a blouse or pullover top. 
Today, however, I have a tiered skirt that is especially nice for playing on the floor with Olivia.


Rose likes to dress a little more edgy, currently with a hint of Africa.  
She likes the big earrings
layered tops
flip flops with everything, 
and she prefers a long flowy skirt.  
She declined a picture today, 
but here you can see one of the reasons Uganda had such a profound effect on her.






  Bethany is wearing a dress that Nanny made for Rose about 11 years ago.  
I believe it is a Simplicity pattern. 
 I adore such classic dresses that give a little girl that sweet, wholesome appearance...
which is hard to find in retail these days.



Dressing feminine and modest is a fun adventure for each of us girls here. 
 We enjoy  helping one another come up with outfits that attain our individual look,
 using our creativity, and
hunting in thrift stores for something that is "me." 




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful day....

    I love Anna's style and probably have a style actually closer to yours!

    Lovely ladies.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing about your clothing. It is a struggle here, but we are wearing more skirts and less pants. Yes, we even live on a farm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I just found your blog and I have enjoyed reading it. I think all you ladies look lovely! I have been trying to make the transition from pants to skirts and have found some activities a challenge to do in a skirt on my farm. I would love to hear any advise you have to share. You can e-mail me at laddiescowgirl@yahoo.com

    May God bless you and your family,
    Bekah

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and input are very much appreciate
- Blessings!
Julianne

Living Counter Cultural: Femininity

Popular culture has a decidedly feminist bent.  Recent movies, tv shows and prominent women  are displaying heroins as   to...