Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Beauty of Snow and The Beast

   
Our long awaited snow is here!
... and it appears that winter is making up for the lack of the glorious white stuff
these past few months.
We have over two feet of new snow in the last 24 hours. 
It is not supposed to stop until Thursday. 
The children were so excited that I let them go wallow in the snow for a few hours 
before beginning school today. 
Then, this afternoon, they got to go out and help daddy
plow the driveway with "The Beast."
The Beast is our old highway snow plow, given to us by friends,
that allows daddy to keep our 1/2 mile long driveway manageable every winter. 
What a blessing she is!  A little terrifying, but a blessing.

Inside, Olivia stands on a chair watching it all through the window.  
She hollers at the children outside in her unintellible dialect. 

Everyone, except maybe the cat, is excited about the beautiful snow.









4 comments:

  1. We have finally received our first good winter snow this week as well! We have well over a foot with more on the way. The kids have LOVED it! I'm enjoying it too...just from inside the house. :) Stay warm and enjoy your snow! I LOVE winter...my favorite time of year, especially when we get snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! I would love to have one of these snows here in Missouri. I haven't seen snow like that since I was a kid almost 30 years ago. We just don't get it any more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snow is very beautiful. I am glad we don't have to deal with snow like that here in Alabama though. Burrrrr! All seasons are beautiful but I like Spring and Summer best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it's coming our way. My boys keep asking if it's ever going to snow this winter. I can't ever remember a winter in PA without snow, but there is always a first! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and input are very much appreciate
- Blessings!
Julianne

Living Counter Cultural: Femininity

Popular culture has a decidedly feminist bent.  Recent movies, tv shows and prominent women  are displaying heroins as   to...